- Psalms 89:1
- I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
- Psalms 89:2
- For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.
- Psalms 89:3
- I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,
- Psalms 89:4
- Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.
- Psalms 89:5
- And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.
- Psalms 89:6
- For who in the heaven can be compared unto the LORD? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the LORD?
- Psalms 89:7
- God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him.
- Psalms 89:8
- O LORD God of hosts, who is a strong LORD like unto thee? or to thy faithfulness round about thee?
- Psalms 89:9
- Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them.
- Psalms 89:10
- Thou hast broken Rahab in pieces, as one that is slain; thou hast scattered thine enemies with thy strong arm.
- Psalms 89:11
- The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine: as for the world and the fulness thereof, thou hast founded them.
- Psalms 89:12
- The north and the south thou hast created them: Tabor and Hermon shall rejoice in thy name.
- Psalms 89:13
- Thou hast a mighty arm: strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand.
- Psalms 89:14
- Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face.
- Psalms 89:15
- Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance.
- Psalms 89:16
- In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted.
- Psalms 89:17
- For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favour our horn shall be exalted.
- Psalms 89:18
- For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.
- Psalms 89:19
- Then thou spakest in vision to thy holy one, and saidst, I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people.
- Psalms 89:20
- I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:
- Psalms 89:21
- With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.
- Psalms 89:22
- The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.
- Psalms 89:23
- And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.
- Psalms 89:24
- But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
- Psalms 89:25
- I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.
- Psalms 89:26
- He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
- Psalms 89:27
- Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
- Psalms 89:28
- My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.
- Psalms 89:29
- His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
- Psalms 89:30
- If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
- Psalms 89:31
- If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
- Psalms 89:32
- Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
- Psalms 89:33
- Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
- Psalms 89:34
- My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
- Psalms 89:35
- Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
- Psalms 89:36
- His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
- Psalms 89:37
- It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.
- Psalms 89:38
- But thou hast cast off and abhorred, thou hast been wroth with thine anointed.
- Psalms 89:39
- Thou hast made void the covenant of thy servant: thou hast profaned his crown by casting it to the ground.
- Psalms 89:40
- Thou hast broken down all his hedges; thou hast brought his strong holds to ruin.
- Psalms 89:41
- All that pass by the way spoil him: he is a reproach to his neighbours.
- Psalms 89:42
- Thou hast set up the right hand of his adversaries; thou hast made all his enemies to rejoice.
- Psalms 89:43
- Thou hast also turned the edge of his sword, and hast not made him to stand in the battle.
- Psalms 89:44
- Thou hast made his glory to cease, and cast his throne down to the ground.
- Psalms 89:45
- The days of his youth hast thou shortened: thou hast covered him with shame. Selah.
- Psalms 89:46
- How long, LORD? wilt thou hide thyself for ever? shall thy wrath burn like fire?
- Psalms 89:47
- Remember how short my time is: wherefore hast thou made all men in vain?
- Psalms 89:48
- What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave? Selah.
- Psalms 89:49
- Lord, where are thy former lovingkindnesses, which thou swarest unto David in thy truth?
- Psalms 89:50
- Remember, Lord, the reproach of thy servants; how I do bear in my bosom the reproach of all the mighty people;
- Psalms 89:51
- Wherewith thine enemies have reproached, O LORD; wherewith they have reproached the footsteps of thine anointed.
- Psalms 89:52
- Blessed be the LORD for evermore. Amen, and Amen.
Psalms 90 kjv