- Proverbs 6:1
- My son, if thou be surety for thy friend, if thou hast stricken thy hand with a stranger,
- Proverbs 6:2
- Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
- Proverbs 6:3
- Do this now, my son, and deliver thyself, when thou art come into the hand of thy friend; go, humble thyself, and make sure thy friend.
- Proverbs 6:4
- Give not sleep to thine eyes, nor slumber to thine eyelids.
- Proverbs 6:5
- Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand of the hunter, and as a bird from the hand of the fowler.
- Proverbs 6:6
- Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
- Proverbs 6:7
- Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
- Proverbs 6:8
- Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
- Proverbs 6:9
- How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
- Proverbs 6:10
- Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
- Proverbs 6:11
- So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.
- Proverbs 6:12
- A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth.
- Proverbs 6:13
- He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers;
- Proverbs 6:14
- Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.
- Proverbs 6:15
- Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.
- Proverbs 6:16
- These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
- Proverbs 6:17
- A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
- Proverbs 6:18
- An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
- Proverbs 6:19
- A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
- Proverbs 6:20
- My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
- Proverbs 6:21
- Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.
- Proverbs 6:22
- When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.
- Proverbs 6:23
- For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
- Proverbs 6:24
- To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.
- Proverbs 6:25
- Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
- Proverbs 6:26
- For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adultress will hunt for the precious life.
- Proverbs 6:27
- Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?
- Proverbs 6:28
- Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
- Proverbs 6:29
- So he that goeth in to his neighbour's wife; whosoever toucheth her shall not be innocent.
- Proverbs 6:30
- Men do not despise a thief, if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry;
- Proverbs 6:31
- But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.
- Proverbs 6:32
- But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.
- Proverbs 6:33
- A wound and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away.
- Proverbs 6:34
- For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.
- Proverbs 6:35
- He will not regard any ransom; neither will he rest content, though thou givest many gifts.
Proverbs 7 kjv