- Proverbs 19:1
- Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.
- Proverbs 19:2
- Also, that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good; and he that hasteth with his feet sinneth.
- Proverbs 19:3
- The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the LORD.
- Proverbs 19:4
- Wealth maketh many friends; but the poor is separated from his neighbour.
- Proverbs 19:5
- A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape.
- Proverbs 19:6
- Many will intreat the favour of the prince: and every man is a friend to him that giveth gifts.
- Proverbs 19:7
- All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much more do his friends go far from him? he pursueth them with words, yet they are wanting to him.
- Proverbs 19:8
- He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good.
- Proverbs 19:9
- A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish.
- Proverbs 19:10
- Delight is not seemly for a fool; much less for a servant to have rule over princes.
- Proverbs 19:11
- The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression.
- Proverbs 19:12
- The king's wrath is as the roaring of a lion; but his favour is as dew upon the grass.
- Proverbs 19:13
- A foolish son is the calamity of his father: and the contentions of a wife are a continual dropping.
- Proverbs 19:14
- House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD.
- Proverbs 19:15
- Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger.
- Proverbs 19:16
- He that keepeth the commandment keepeth his own soul; but he that despiseth his ways shall die.
- Proverbs 19:17
- He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.
- Proverbs 19:18
- Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.
- Proverbs 19:19
- A man of great wrath shall suffer punishment: for if thou deliver him, yet thou must do it again.
- Proverbs 19:20
- Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.
- Proverbs 19:21
- There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.
- Proverbs 19:22
- The desire of a man is his kindness: and a poor man is better than a liar.
- Proverbs 19:23
- The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.
- Proverbs 19:24
- A slothful man hideth his hand in his bosom, and will not so much as bring it to his mouth again.
- Proverbs 19:25
- Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
- Proverbs 19:26
- He that wasteth his father, and chaseth away his mother, is a son that causeth shame, and bringeth reproach.
- Proverbs 19:27
- Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.
- Proverbs 19:28
- An ungodly witness scorneth judgment: and the mouth of the wicked devoureth iniquity.
- Proverbs 19:29
- Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools.
Proverbs 20 kjv