- Proverbs 18:1
- Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom.
- Proverbs 18:2
- A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.
- Proverbs 18:3
- When the wicked cometh, then cometh also contempt, and with ignominy reproach.
- Proverbs 18:4
- The words of a man's mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.
- Proverbs 18:5
- It is not good to accept the person of the wicked, to overthrow the righteous in judgment.
- Proverbs 18:6
- A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.
- Proverbs 18:7
- A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
- Proverbs 18:8
- The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
- Proverbs 18:9
- He also that is slothful in his work is brother to him that is a great waster.
- Proverbs 18:10
- The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
- Proverbs 18:11
- The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit.
- Proverbs 18:12
- Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility.
- Proverbs 18:13
- He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
- Proverbs 18:14
- The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?
- Proverbs 18:15
- The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.
- Proverbs 18:16
- A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.
- Proverbs 18:17
- He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him.
- Proverbs 18:18
- The lot causeth contentions to cease, and parteth between the mighty.
- Proverbs 18:19
- A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.
- Proverbs 18:20
- A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
- Proverbs 18:21
- Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
- Proverbs 18:22
- Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
- Proverbs 18:23
- The poor useth intreaties; but the rich answereth roughly.
- Proverbs 18:24
- A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.