- Lamentations 4:1
- How is the gold become dim! how is the most fine gold changed! the stones of the sanctuary are poured out in the top of every street.
- Lamentations 4:2
- The precious sons of Zion, comparable to fine gold, how are they esteemed as earthen pitchers, the work of the hands of the potter!
- Lamentations 4:3
- Even the sea monsters draw out the breast, they give suck to their young ones: the daughter of my people is become cruel, like the ostriches in the wilderness.
- Lamentations 4:4
- The tongue of the sucking child cleaveth to the roof of his mouth for thirst: the young children ask bread, and no man breaketh it unto them.
- Lamentations 4:5
- They that did feed delicately are desolate in the streets: they that were brought up in scarlet embrace dunghills.
- Lamentations 4:6
- For the punishment of the iniquity of the daughter of my people is greater than the punishment of the sin of Sodom, that was overthrown as in a moment, and no hands stayed on her.
- Lamentations 4:7
- Her Nazarites were purer than snow, they were whiter than milk, they were more ruddy in body than rubies, their polishing was of sapphire:
- Lamentations 4:8
- Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick.
- Lamentations 4:9
- They that be slain with the sword are better than they that be slain with hunger: for these pine away, stricken through for want of the fruits of the field.
- Lamentations 4:10
- The hands of the pitiful women have sodden their own children: they were their meat in the destruction of the daughter of my people.
- Lamentations 4:11
- The LORD hath accomplished his fury; he hath poured out his fierce anger, and hath kindled a fire in Zion, and it hath devoured the foundations thereof.
- Lamentations 4:12
- The kings of the earth, and all the inhabitants of the world, would not have believed that the adversary and the enemy should have entered into the gates of Jerusalem.
- Lamentations 4:13
- For the sins of her prophets, and the iniquities of her priests, that have shed the blood of the just in the midst of her,
- Lamentations 4:14
- They have wandered as blind men in the streets, they have polluted themselves with blood, so that men could not touch their garments.
- Lamentations 4:15
- They cried unto them, Depart ye; it is unclean; depart, depart, touch not: when they fled away and wandered, they said among the heathen, They shall no more sojourn there.
- Lamentations 4:16
- The anger of the LORD hath divided them; he will no more regard them: they respected not the persons of the priests, they favoured not the elders.
- Lamentations 4:17
- As for us, our eyes as yet failed for our vain help: in our watching we have watched for a nation that could not save us.
- Lamentations 4:18
- They hunt our steps, that we cannot go in our streets: our end is near, our days are fulfilled; for our end is come.
- Lamentations 4:19
- Our persecutors are swifter than the eagles of the heaven: they pursued us upon the mountains, they laid wait for us in the wilderness.
- Lamentations 4:20
- The breath of our nostrils, the anointed of the LORD, was taken in their pits, of whom we said, Under his shadow we shall live among the heathen.
- Lamentations 4:21
- Rejoice and be glad, O daughter of Edom, that dwellest in the land of Uz; the cup also shall pass through unto thee: thou shalt be drunken, and shalt make thyself naked.
- Lamentations 4:22
- The punishment of thine iniquity is accomplished, O daughter of Zion; he will no more carry thee away into captivity: he will visit thine iniquity, O daughter of Edom; he will discover thy sins.
Lamentations 5 kjv