- Job 9:1
- Then Job answered and said,
- Job 9:2
- I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God?
- Job 9:3
- If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand.
- Job 9:4
- He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened himself against him, and hath prospered?
- Job 9:5
- Which removeth the mountains, and they know not: which overturneth them in his anger.
- Job 9:6
- Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble.
- Job 9:7
- Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth not; and sealeth up the stars.
- Job 9:8
- Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.
- Job 9:9
- Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south.
- Job 9:10
- Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.
- Job 9:11
- Lo, he goeth by me, and I see him not: he passeth on also, but I perceive him not.
- Job 9:12
- Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? who will say unto him, What doest thou?
- Job 9:13
- If God will not withdraw his anger, the proud helpers do stoop under him.
- Job 9:14
- How much less shall I answer him, and choose out my words to reason with him?
- Job 9:15
- Whom, though I were righteous, yet would I not answer, but I would make supplication to my judge.
- Job 9:16
- If I had called, and he had answered me; yet would I not believe that he had hearkened unto my voice.
- Job 9:17
- For he breaketh me with a tempest, and multiplieth my wounds without cause.
- Job 9:18
- He will not suffer me to take my breath, but filleth me with bitterness.
- Job 9:19
- If I speak of strength, lo, he is strong: and if of judgment, who shall set me a time to plead?
- Job 9:20
- If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.
- Job 9:21
- Though I were perfect, yet would I not know my soul: I would despise my life.
- Job 9:22
- This is one thing, therefore I said it, He destroyeth the perfect and the wicked.
- Job 9:23
- If the scourge slay suddenly, he will laugh at the trial of the innocent.
- Job 9:24
- The earth is given into the hand of the wicked: he covereth the faces of the judges thereof; if not, where, and who is he?
- Job 9:25
- Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away, they see no good.
- Job 9:26
- They are passed away as the swift ships: as the eagle that hasteth to the prey.
- Job 9:27
- If I say, I will forget my complaint, I will leave off my heaviness, and comfort myself:
- Job 9:28
- I am afraid of all my sorrows, I know that thou wilt not hold me innocent.
- Job 9:29
- If I be wicked, why then labour I in vain?
- Job 9:30
- If I wash myself with snow water, and make my hands never so clean;
- Job 9:31
- Yet shalt thou plunge me in the ditch, and mine own clothes shall abhor me.
- Job 9:32
- For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.
- Job 9:33
- Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both.
- Job 9:34
- Let him take his rod away from me, and let not his fear terrify me:
- Job 9:35
- Then would I speak, and not fear him; but it is not so with me.
Job 10 kjv