- Job 14:1
- Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble.
- Job 14:2
- He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.
- Job 14:3
- And doth thou open thine eyes upon such an one, and bringest me into judgment with thee?
- Job 14:4
- Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.
- Job 14:5
- Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass;
- Job 14:6
- Turn from him, that he may rest, till he shall accomplish, as an hireling, his day.
- Job 14:7
- For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
- Job 14:8
- Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;
- Job 14:9
- Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.
- Job 14:10
- But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he?
- Job 14:11
- As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:
- Job 14:12
- So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.
- Job 14:13
- O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!
- Job 14:14
- If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
- Job 14:15
- Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.
- Job 14:16
- For now thou numberest my steps: dost thou not watch over my sin?
- Job 14:17
- My transgression is sealed up in a bag, and thou sewest up mine iniquity.
- Job 14:18
- And surely the mountains falling cometh to nought, and the rock is removed out of his place.
- Job 14:19
- The waters wear the stones: thou washest away the things which grow out of the dust of the earth; and thou destroyest the hope of man.
- Job 14:20
- Thou prevailest for ever against him, and he passeth: thou changest his countenance, and sendest him away.
- Job 14:21
- His sons come to honour, and he knoweth it not; and they are brought low, but he perceiveth it not of them.
- Job 14:22
- But his flesh upon him shall have pain, and his soul within him shall mourn.
Job 15 kjv