1 Corinthians 11
- 1 Corinthians 11:1
- Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
- 1 Corinthians 11:2
- Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
- 1 Corinthians 11:3
- But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
- 1 Corinthians 11:4
- Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
- 1 Corinthians 11:5
- But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
- 1 Corinthians 11:6
- For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
- 1 Corinthians 11:7
- For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
- 1 Corinthians 11:8
- For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
- 1 Corinthians 11:9
- Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
- 1 Corinthians 11:10
- For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
- 1 Corinthians 11:11
- Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
- 1 Corinthians 11:12
- For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
- 1 Corinthians 11:13
- Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
- 1 Corinthians 11:14
- Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
- 1 Corinthians 11:15
- But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
- 1 Corinthians 11:16
- But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
- 1 Corinthians 11:17
- Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
- 1 Corinthians 11:18
- For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
- 1 Corinthians 11:19
- For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
- 1 Corinthians 11:20
- When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
- 1 Corinthians 11:21
- For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
- 1 Corinthians 11:22
- What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
- 1 Corinthians 11:23
- For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
- 1 Corinthians 11:24
- And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
- 1 Corinthians 11:25
- After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
- 1 Corinthians 11:26
- For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
- 1 Corinthians 11:27
- Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
- 1 Corinthians 11:28
- But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
- 1 Corinthians 11:29
- For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
- 1 Corinthians 11:30
- For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
- 1 Corinthians 11:31
- For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
- 1 Corinthians 11:32
- But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
- 1 Corinthians 11:33
- Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
- 1 Corinthians 11:34
- And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.